Friday, April 13, 2012

The past 6 months

I am amazed at how fast these last 6 months have gone by. I have been terrible keeping the blog updated, but I have been pretty busy. I’ve been working Fridays now since we are one short in our department. Hopefully when they hire someone new I can have Fridays off again :)

The boys are doing great, and as always, there’s never a dull moment. They are so loving, witty and smart! Waylon is (hopefully) almost potty trained. He was definitely not into it at first, but has become much more willing to do take care of business :) He has also become a big fan of puzzles. Not just a puzzle with several pieces, but the big ones! He absolutely loves putting them together, and is really good at it. I am glad that has occupied a lot of his time lately instead of TV! Wyatt is talking up a storm and certain things he says is just like what Waylon used to say or still says. Like, now instead of saying “yeah”, it’s “yes”, and it sounds SOOO cute when he says it. He makes goofy faces like Waylon does too. I think he looks up to his older bro. He does a bigger temper than his brother though. Like they say “all boy” for sure. Last summer, we took Wyatt to the eye doctor to have his eyes checked out because he squinted so much in the sun and also about one of his eyes turning in. She said he was a little farsighted, but that was normal for his age and she wanted to re-check him in a year. Well, his lazy eye became more apparent, so we made him an appointment sooner. She noticed his lazy eye more this time, so she prescribed him glasses! I never in a million years thought that WYATT of all kids would wear glasses, being that he is rough and very particular about things :). Turns out, he actually doesn’t mind wearing them and keeps them on. We got one of those cord/strap things that helps keep them in place. I am actually waiting on getting the third pair of glasses for him, because his other two don’t seem to fit right. I sure hope they help his eyes to where he doesn’t have to wear them for a long time!


Hmm, what else….. Well, the boys had a good birthday… they had their party at Chuck E Cheese, and had a great time. Wyatt was really scared of the actual Chuck E Cheese, but other than that :) Not so sure I will ever do a party there again thought… a little too chaotic for me! Maybe next year we’ll try a jump zone type of place. We had a good Christmas too. They were more into Santa this year, and they loved all of their toys! OH, we also got some very very very exciting news that my longtime friend, Meredith and her husband, David are expecting!! They are going to have a boy, so hopefully I will have handfuls of pointers for them :) AAAAAAAAAND… my sis is expecting too! She is due November 1st. I can’t wait to find out what she is having. I know Olivia will be happy with either and will be a great big sis :)


We had a good Easter too.  We went to a Saturday night service at The Outreach Center in Oneonta.  We will be going back… we really liked it!  I guess I will start all of my pictures at this point, since Easter is the most recent, and then end at their birthday party.  WHEW here we go!


We went to Nana and Grandaddy’s  (Eric’s parents) first.  They made this cute bunny cut out last year.  Isn’t it great?!!  They had fun riding the jeep and playing with Dexter!  They got fishing poles, puzzles and all sorts of goodies.  To top off the visit, Waylon mooned, yes MOONED his Nana and the rest of us.  Nana got him on video and I got it on camera (which by the way, I will not be posting)!!  I couldn’t believe it.  Just had to laugh!







Ah, I just love this picture.  One of my favorites!


Then later on, we went to see Lynn-z and PeeDee.  Kristin, Ryan and Olivia were there too.  They hunted Easter eggs and rode the riding toys in the driveway.  Wyatt loved playing with the next door neighbor’s dog through the fence too, but most of all, I think he liked the bunny cake that Lynn-z  aunt Krinny made (sorry, if forgot you made it sis! That kid stuffed so much cake in his mouth all at once… so funny!



The weekend before Easter, we went to an Easter egg drop at the baseball fields in Oneonta. They made all of the kids line up against the fence and then the helicopter came and dropped all of these plastic eggs filled with goodies.  They had a to wait a while before the festivities got started, hence the annoyed faces in some of these!

]


And of course they love playing in the back yard still... especially the swingset and daddy's boat


We purchased a year pass to the zoo, so we have gone there several times. Waylon doesn't like stopping to look at the animals... he just wants to keep going.  He likes playing playground and eating french fries better, HAHA!  I think the next time we go, Eric and I are going to each take one so

Wyatt can get to see the animals and Waylon can play!




They loved the merry-go round too!





And another trip to the zoo...




These are just random pictures I took during the winter...


Their birthday party at Chuck E Cheese!  Wyatt says, "These are my two balloons, grrrrr"







That's all I got :P
































2 comments: